Apr 10, 2015

Review: Greenlite Vegan Meal Delivery Service!

I recently got to try a new-to-me vegan frozen meal delivery service called Greenlite Meals!


The meals arrive in an insulated box inside a cardboard shipping box, with cooler packets inside and the meals all packaged in space-conserving freeze-wrap packages.


As you can see, the sides and the entrees are packaged separately. I'm actually quite a fan of that style of packaging, because you can mix and match the sides and entrees to create the meals that you're in the mood for! 


Or, if you just want to follow the plan, there's a note in the box that tells you which entrees to pair with which sides. It works regardless of your style!The service includes breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts, so it's perfect for when you're busy and have no time to bother with food preparation of any sort. Many services only include lunch and dinner, leaving you to fend on your own for breakfast and dessert.

Because let's be honest - a day isn't complete without dessert.

Greenlite does it all!


The desserts are small but decadent. Luckily for me, since I'm a major chocoholic, there are many chocolatey desserts in the selection!

And yes, every day has dessert. But some days feel like they have dessert twice, because the breakfasts are that great!


The butterfinger oatmeal definitely falls in that category. It's a small portion, so you'll want to supplement with some toast and/or fruit if you're used to a bigger breakfast, but those who like to start the day with something small will be satisfied. It's also incredibly flavorful, rich, and indulgent. Talk about starting the day on a great foot!

But don't just start the day right - continue it.


The lunches and dinners are well-spiced and inspired by plantbased world cuisines, particularly from the Eastern hemisphere.



I was particularly thrilled to find tempeh among my dishes (the broccoli was an included side, as was un-pictured brown rice that I warmed in a small bowl on the side, but I added the tomato for freshness and color). 

Tempeh is one of those foods that I really love, but rarely/never make myself - like acai bowls! It's always a real treat when I'm out and find it on the menu, or in this case when it's included in a meal delivery!

Speaking of acai bowls...


Imagine the pleasant surprise it was when I saw that an acai bowl was on the breakfast menu! Only the acai smoothie itself was included, but I pepped it up with some cereal, nuts, and fruit.


It was sooo good.

Not that the savory breakfasts, like this tofu scramble, weren't.


They excelled across the board and I would definitely recommend them!


I'm a huge veggie burger fan, so I loved this!


I'm not a big stew fan, but I gave the stews to my mom (who isn't even vegetarian) and she loved them!


Especially the lentil one. Mmmm, lentils.


I enjoyed the chili. I just love beans, guys. Make all the jokes you want.


My mom thought the flavors in this carrot soup were spot-on, though she would have liked it to be a bit creamier. It is all vegan and very healthy, though, so she was quite pleased with the balance of nutrition and deliciousness!


And I just kept enjoying those solid meals.


I may not be a big soup person, but I loved the scrambles, stir-fries, burgers, and more!

If I ever have a particularly busy week ahead of me, where I don't know how I'll have the time for grocery shopping, meal planning and prepping, and cooking, Greenlite is definitely on my shortlist!


Have you ever tried Greenlite Meals?

What's your favorite meal of the day? 


What are your go-to meals for when you're too busy to cook?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai