Apr 21, 2015

Safe City Living for the Single Girl!

I moved to New York City last summer after graduating from Harvard and I've loved every minute. I've wanted to live in New York City since I was in middle school, so it's exciting that I finally get to live here every day!

From last summer in NYC - I can't believe it's already almost that time again!
My mom, however, does worry sometimes about me living all by myself in the big city. She gets that I'm a grown up, but everyone needs a social network for security! Friends are a great way to get that social network, but what about the safety network? When you live at home or near family, your parents check up on you more often. When you live on your own, you have to figure out a way to stay safe easily, so you can do what you want without worry!
BlueLight is that safety network. I empowered myself to live fear-free in this crazy big city by installing the app on my iPhone! Don't worry if you're an Android user - there's a Google Play version, too.

BlueLight is essentially a personal safety companion that you keep in your phone for that extra security every day, wherever you go! The app provides you with easy-to-use tools for personal safety, like a Request Help button that connects you with the closest emergency services. If you're out in the city, it puts you through to 911. If you're on campus, it connects you to campus security! And if you're vacationing at a ski resort, you're connected with Ski Patrol at the push of a button!

My favorite feature of the app is the locator.

Me, always.
I get lost really easily and it gives me such a wonderful source of security to know that the locator feature will show me my address over my dialer on the screen, so that I don't have to look around to figure out where I am if I need to call a dispatcher.

A close second for favorite, however, is the On My Way feature. When I was still in school and walked home alone late at night from a party, I'd call my big sister (who, sweetheart that she is, didn't mind chatting for my ten to fifteen minute walk home at 3am in the morning). But what if your family and friends are otherwise occupied and can't chat for your whole walk?



This feature allows you to share your location with contacts, so they can see where you are on your way and check in when you get home! It's perfect.

Installing BlueLight on your phone isn't just good for you, it's good for all women! BlueLight can be used for bystander assistance, so you can help a fellow woman out without endangering yourself if you see someone in a sticky situation. How's that for taking back the night, the day, and the city?

BlueLight gets a big thumbs up from me. I'm keeping it on my phone and telling my friends to download it, too!

This post is sponsored by BlueLight and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Living, Learning, Eating possible!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai