Jun 20, 2015

Luxe Lashes: No Extensions Required

My neighbor's son has the thickest, most decadent lashes ever.

And he's a nine year old boy. A BOY. How is that fair?

While the fortunate child is completely indifferent to his lashes, most style-loving girls and women aren't.

Eyelashes, as the frame for your eyes (which are, in turn, a focal facial feature) are one of the areas where makeup can make the biggest positive difference in your appearance.
Me with falsies
Full, dark lashes make your eyes pop!

I don't wear much make-up in my day-to-day life (as opposed to at photo-shoots: see above) but when I do wear makeup it's typically mascara, maybe eyeliner or eye-shadow, and lip color or gloss. If I had to choose just one item of makeup to wear for the rest of my life, it would definitely be mascara!

That said, I am no gifted false lashes applicator. I love the look of falsies for night looks (or even a very glam day look) but I can't for the life of me put them on properly. Either I glue my lashes together or I apply the lashes a solid centimeter above my lash line and suddenly have two distinct sets of lashes. If I somehow avoid doing either of those, I don't glue them on properly and end up with a row of lashes dangling off of my face!


false lashes. Tags: meme,cat,fun,lashes
This is basically what it looks like when I try.
Needless to say, I never put on falsies. The only time I ever get to wear them is on photo shoots.

That's why I was so stoked to learn about Physicians Formula and especially their magical Eye Booster Lash Extension Kit! The kit is a two-part system designed to booster your lashes for the effect of instant lash extensions without traditional extensions.







The potent Lash Boosting Mascara, infused with Lash Boosting Technology, pumps up what you already have. The dramatic all-natural Lash Extensions, made primarily of cellulose, panthenol, botanical extracts, vitamin E, and natural colorants from artichoke and basil, add onto that for the falsies effect without the hassle.

The long-lasting 24 hour formula takes under 2 minutes to apply and is clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free, and safe for sensitive eyes. Just start with simple mascara application, apply the fibers, and top with another coat of mascara to lock in the look. Three simple steps to a stunning look!



Layer it once for a day look and two or three times for a dramatic night look.

I was a little skeptical when I first tried it. It couldn't possibly be as great as it sounded - either application would be beyond my limited abilities or it wouldn't make any more of a difference than my usual drugstore mascara. Still, Physicians Formula is a trusted brand (established in 1937 for people with sensitive skin, the company never uses any fragrances, PABA, or any of any of the known 132 skin irritants in any of their products) so I decided to try it out anyway.


I'm glad that I did, because I was so wrong! It was super easy to apply and gave me the dramatic lashes that I love so much when I do shoots. Finally I can have awesome lashes on non-shoot days!

Ladies, I am worse than your brother/boyfriend/husband/dad at doing makeup and I did this all by myself.



While the best natural lashes may still be unfairly distributed to unappreciative boys who shave them off on a dare - the audacity - fabulous lashes are finally accessible to every girl and every woman, for only $14.95! That's well worth the price and really not as much more expensive than ordinary mascara as I would have expected, given the huge difference in effect.

The kit is available at Walmart and mass market retailers nationwide, as well as on Reward Style/LIKEtoKNOW.it. If you're in Canada, you can find it at Shoppers Drug Mart. I highly recommend trying it yourself!

Thank you to Physicians Formula and Her Campus Media for partnering on this post!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai