Jul 12, 2015

Latest Finds: A Purely Elizabeth Granola Review!

Granola is my favorite sweet cereal, hands down.  

Despite its healthy reputation, however, some commercial granolas can be unhealthier than even the worst of your childhood sugar cereal favorites! 

Granola is very dense and can pack a lot of sugar and fat into a very small portion (who eats a measly quarter cup?) and I've seen boxes of granola where the ingredients list was longer than a Faulkner sentence and featured more chemicals than an orgo exam. No thanks!

Luckily, not all granolas are candy in a bag. There are healthy and delicious choices out there, you just have to choose carefully!


One such choice is Purely Elizabeth granola. Available in three flavors (Original, Pumpkin Fig, and Cranberry Pecan), Purely Elizabeth granolas are all free of gluten, refined sugar, and GMOs. 


They're whole grain, vegan, and at ~6g of sugar per third cup serving, won't make your blood sugar spike and crash.


The granolas are made with healthful organic ingredients, like oats, chia seeds, coconut oil, quinoa flakes, millet flakes, and so on. I would much rather see those recognizable whole foods in my breakfast or snack than a bunch of chemicals!

But how do they taste?


Awesome! 

Purely Elizabeth granolas prove that you don't need a ton of artificial and/or unhealthy ingredients to make something taste good. Their granolas are the perfect amount of sweet, delightfully flavorful and hearty from all the seeds and whole grains, hearty in the way a solid granola should be, and feature nice big granola chunks! 

I love big chunks in my granola and some of these chunks were almost two inches in diameter!

Nice.

Purely Elizabeth granola is on my grocery shopping short-list from now on and I can't wait to try the other two flavors of granola, as well as try some of their oatmeal varieties, granola and puffs cereals, and muelis!

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Do you have a favorite granola?

What is your favorite way to eat granola?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai