Aug 24, 2015

Wake Up Call: Back to School Edition!

Did anyone else recently look at their calendar and do a double-take? How is it already the last week of August? It felt like summer just started!

But, for better or for worse, summer is drawing to a close and that means that fall is right around the bend! In general, seasonal changes bring around routine and life changes. Fall is a big one for that, because many of us are heading back to school!

I'm done with school (WHOOOOOOT!) but that doesn't mean that I don't have some pretty big changes coming up. Those of you who have been reading my blog or following me on Instagram for a while now know that I'm a passionate children's author


I'm letting that passion take me in a new, exciting direction this fall. I'm starting a new office job as a staff writer for a children's television show!

As you can tell, I'm excited. But this new exciting career move also means that I have the same routine change-up as everyone who's heading back to school!

My little sister, who's proudly entering the fifth grade this fall, has already started her back-to-school prep and I have started my new job prep, as of this weekend, as well! Read on for what has been on my prep-for-fall shopping list so far!

Work clothes -

Luckily, I have most of what I need already and my office's dress code is relatively casual. Yay for entertainment! My wardrobe had one serious gap though. I didn't have a single decent white blouse!

A trip to H&M in Union Square with a recent (but awesome) friend remedied that. I am now the proud owner of a white button up! It goes with everything and any working professional should have at least one. 

Snacks - 

Emergency snacks are a thing, guys. Dark chocolate, nuts, granola bars, dried fruits, etc. are essentials for an energized, productive start to the school year or a new job!

Razors -

We want to start the new season off on our best foot and I say that's a foot that's attached to a silky smooth leg! For an easy shaving routine that's quick, painless, and affordable, I turn to my long-time love, Schick®! I've been a loyal Schick® shaver since I first started shaving and have been partial to Schick® Hydro Silk® since the first time I tried it out.

I tried them, loved them, and haven't looked back! They're not only great quality at a totally reasonable price, but they have me covered for all of my needs. There's everything from a sturdy refillable razor for long-term use to great disposable razors for when you're in a rush.

I prefer those for times of change, like this back-to-school/start-of-new-job time, because you can get a bunch at once and not worry about refills until you run out of disposable razors - and by then you'll be all settled into your new routine!

One of the other things I love about Schick® disposable razors is that you can find them really easily. 


I can pick some up at Walmart, while I'm shopping for my snack stash, without having to go out of my way!

From the shelf,


to my basket,


to the check out,


to my bathroom,


and voila! Smooth legs without the hassle.

Feeling super confident and a little lucky? Enter the #SchickSelfieSweeps for your chance to win cool prizes!

What big changes are coming up for you?

What is your go-to one-stop shop?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.

N/A

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai