Sep 17, 2015

Review: Sinless Raw Chocolate

I love dark chocolate.


In most cases, I'm a fan of the-darker-the-better and tend to enjoy 99% dark chocolate bars or even Ghiradelli's 100% baking bar. Dark chocolate is rich, creamy, satisfying, and can even be quite good for you! 

Here is a quick list of some of the health benefits of dark chocolate:

* Naturally  high in antioxidants
* May lower risk of heart disease
* May help control insulin sensitivity 
* May help against headaches

That last one really works for me! Sometimes a square of really dark chocolate (perhaps the caffeine in it?) can alleviate a headache for me. If your problems are more digestive, it's worth noting that dark chocolate was used to treat diarrhea in the 16th century - and recent studies suggest that there may actually be something there!

Since dark chocolate is high in fat, you don't want to overdo it or you might face some stomach upset just from that. But another great thing about dark chocolate is that since it is so intensely flavorful, you really don't need very much to satisfy a craving.

While I often choose plain dark chocolate because I can get darker chocolate that way, I also love dark chocolate with other flavors (like nuts, berries, etc.). I was excited to discover a new brand of healthy dark chocolate with high cacao content (85%) and some great flavors.


Sinless Raw Chocolate is raw, vegan, sugar-free, paleo, and sweetened naturally with erythritol. And did you ever think you could possibly get in your greens by eating yummy dark chocolate? Now you can! 

True to its name, Sinless Raw Chocolate really is a healthy indulgence. It has raw organic greens hidden in its tasty chocolate! I swear you can't taste it at all, I was surprised when I saw it on the ingredients list!


I tried three delicious varieties of Sinless Raw Chocolate, but it comes in many more, including Smokey Hot Pepper, Coffee, Peppermint, Cashew, Raspberry, and more! 

I tried the Cacao Bean Crunch:


Coconut:


and Sea Salt Pecan:


Sea Salt Pecan was definitely my favorite! The flavors of the sweet dark chocolate worked together so well with the salt and the crunchy pecans. Definitely one of my favorite chocolate bars ever, not just from this brand! I highly recommend it.

All of the bars were delicious, however!


They're also really pretty bars and the packaging is very pretty and decadent, too, so they make great gifts. But the pretty appearance pales in comparison to the amazing taste!

The mouth feel of the chocolate is perfect. It's creamy and melts slowly in your mouth as you roll it around on your tongue. The flavors are so rich and decadent that this isn't a chocolate you want to munch. It's a chocolate to savor mindfully and it's perfect for that evening relaxation, when you can just focus on the artful chocolate. 


It's the perfect amount of sweet from the xylitol and that, paired with the creaminess of the rich, flavorful chocolate, makes it taste and feel really indulgent. This chocolate can do no wrong! 

Pictured above is the coconut bar. As you can see, they don't go overboard on the mix-ins, so the high quality dark chocolate keeps the spotlight and the extra flavors accent it and make it even better. There are coconut pieces throughout, and the bar is very delightfully dark chocolate-coconut flavored, but the coconut doesn't take over. The other bars are the same with their flavors!

I hope to try the other varieties soon and I'm hoping my local Whole Foods will start carrying them soon, because they're amazing!

What is your favorite kind of chocolate?

What is your go-to sweet treat?

Do you give chocolate as host/hostess gifts? If not, what do you give?

3 comments:

  1. I recently found this amazing chocolate as well! I have tried the raspberry, coconut, mint, and smokey hot pepper varieties. They are all outstanding! I am a type 2 diabetic and I love the fact that I can eat this chocolate without a blood sugar spike. And a little is so satsifying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sylvia - I completely agree! I just wish Whole Foods would start carrying them, so they're easier to buy on a whim :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! Not many Whole Foods actually carry them and trying to order them from the company direct has proven to be difficult. It's a good thing their product is good and they focus on wholesale because they're customer service sucks!

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai