Sep 14, 2015

Speedy Weeknight: A Fast & Frugal Homemade Dinner!

I'm a young professional, working 9-5 in an office while balancing a social life and career passions (and hobby passions!) outside of work. What does that make me?

Busy. But I love it!

Still, it's neither a particularly frugal nor a particularly healthy habit to get used to eating dinner out every night, especially since I tend to eat lunch out with my coworkers every day. I love making fun, elaborate recipes, but that's not what I need for weekday dinners. I need something fast and easy!


Barilla® Pronto™ pasta is a great base for a simple staple dinner that's equally well suited to busy young professionals like me as it is to busy working moms cooking for their families.

Read on for my experience and the recipe for the mac & cheese pictured above!



Barilla® Pronto™ pasta gives you the same taste and quality you expect from Barilla®, but turns any pasta dish into a one-dish meal.



Forget about boiling and straining your pasta, just cook it right in the pan!



On a Monday night, after a long day when my stomach is growling and I'm exhausted, not having to boil and strain my pasta (and having less dishes to wash) is an amazing feeling!



I picked some up from my local Kroger grocery store and tried out this quick and easy mac & cheese recipe from Barilla's website! 



The recipe was great as is, with only one alteration to make it more pantry-friendly for those of us (*cough, cough* me) who don't want to run out for specialty ingredients.


The recipe calls for 1/2 Tbsp. dry mustard, but I just used 1/2 Tbsp. of regular yellow mustard, since that's what I had on hand. It turned out brilliantly anyway, so other than that one little change this recipe is a winner as is!



It was easy and super cheesy. 



Two thumbs up!



Try it out yourself by picking up some Barilla® Pronto™ pasta at your local Kroger.


Get the already affordable pricer at an even lower price using this coupon!

What are your go-to weekday dinners?

How often do you have pasta for dinner?

What are your weeknight time saver tips?

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barillo. The opinions and text are all mine.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks!!!This is a very detailed and useful sight! Thanks again for sharing!
    You can also visit for daily health tips

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai