Oct 30, 2015

Joining the Chain of Betters this Holiday Season


November 1 is only two days away and the start of November marks the start of the holiday season for me! One of my favorite things about the holiday season, aside from the general feeling of togetherness, is how the holidays seem to inspire us to want to do good!

As we enter the festive season this year, I would like to turn the spotlight to Western Union's "Chain of Betters" as a cool way to do good this year!


The video above gives a good idea of what Western Union's "Chain of Betters" is all about, but I'll sum it up for those of us who don't click on videos when we're reading blogs (I'm guilty of that sometimes myself, so no judgment).

We live in a more global world than ever and that gives us an incredible amount of power to help even our most distant neighbors, halfway across the world!




The pocket change you've been saving up over the year can stimulate a developing country's economy. The extra money you saved by bringing reusable bags to Whole Foods and getting the bag discount can help send a kid to college.


Western Union's "Chain of Betters" works with the principle that when money moves to where it's needed, better things happen. Emergency aid arrives the moment it's needed. A devastated community heals. A business expands and opportunity opens. You never know what a big change you can make unless you try!

I like volunteering at soup kitchens and food pantries whenever I can, because I believe that hunger is one of those really cyclical problems. If you're hungry, you can't focus and do well in school and at work. If you can't perform well, you can't improve your situation. If you can't improve your situation, you remain hungry. Providing struggling families with adequate nutrition can help them pull themselves back up!

But what do food pantries and food kitchens need, other than enthusiastic volunteers? Food.


Food costs money. By sending money to a food pantry or food kitchen in need as part of Western Union's "Chain of Betters", you can do wonderful things for a struggling individual or family in need.

This holiday season, let's lift each other up with selfless acts of kindness!

What is your favorite way to give back?

Do your community service efforts fluctuate seasonally?


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai