Dec 18, 2015

Top Seven Tips for Taking 'Me' Time This Holiday Season!

The holiday season is my absolute favorite time of the year and the absolute best time to make special memories with friends and family and all your loved ones. I have family Christmas memories from over a decade ago that I still treasure more than anything else!

Being reunited with loved ones is such an amazing feeling!


That said, many of us can find that the holidays can get a bit hectic. That's no fun! It's all about striking the ideal balance between participating in the festivities and taking some much needed, and equally enjoyable.

Read on for my top seven tips for taking some precious 'me' time this holiday season!
1. Read a book.

I like to buy a book at the start of the season and read a few chapters every day, to be sure to have some relaxing, quiet me time. You can do it in the evening, as an afternoon break, or whenever you like.

Choose something you want to read, not something that The Atlantic or that overly pedantic acquaintance of yours told you to read. Depending on your pace, you may go through one book in the whole season, or maybe a book a week (or a book a day, but I try not to do that now that I'm an adult and should actually be social and not live life with my nose in a book or a pen in my hand).

2. Sip a cup of tea.

Close your eyes, inhale the spicy steam, and sip slowly. Let your stress melt away.

No Tea But I'm British

It sounds corny, but if you do it without judging yourself, you may find that it's very relaxing - I do!

3. Light a candle and practice conscious gratitude.

Enjoy a holiday scented candle for a few moments every, or most, evenings and think of one to three things that you are grateful for from that day.

Realizing how much is going right in your life is me time that can transform your attitude all day for the better! Too often, we focus on the negatives and don't appreciate all the positives enough.

4. Practice saying no.

Knowing when to say no, whether it's to the umpteenth holiday party or to a late night round of drinks with friends when you'd rather be curled up with a good book in bed, is just as important as being willing to sometimes say yes.


Again, it's the balance! It's okay to say no sometimes.

5. Plan for seven hours of sleep a night.

If you can get eight, more power to you! But for me, being sure to get at least seven hours of sleep most nights of the week makes a world of a difference. It's not conscious me time, but it's very important!

6. Drink to your health.

Taking care of our bodies makes us feel better, which makes us happier! Think about it - how is your mood when you have a stomachache, a headache, or bloating pains versus when you're physically well?

I know that I can be a proper Grinch when I don't feel well! Enjoy the Christmas cookies, but enjoy some healthy and delicious snacks, too. Adding a green juice to your day can be a great way to make sure you get the nutrition you need to feel your best!


Evolution Fresh Sweet Greens and Lemon is a favorite of mine this holiday season!



It's tasty, invigorating, and packed with the green goodness of green vegetables and apples. Paired with a squeeze of lemon, the mix makes a smooth, vibrant juice!



It's cold-pressed, to optimize the nutritional benefit from the veggies and fruits. 



Best of all, it's readily available at Starbucks! One of the main reasons so many of us neglect our health during the holiday season is because it's inconvenient. There's nothing more convenient than Starbucks!



The next time you're at the airport, heading to work, at the mall, going to the market, or doing pretty much anything, you can just as easily grab a green juice as you could buy a coffee or a festive latte. Unlike the caffeinated, sugary drinks, however, the green juice will make you feel good all day!

7. Go for a Christmas lights walk.

I love the decorations of the season. They're beautiful! Bundle up, step out in the brisk winter air, and take a nice walk around your neighborhood to enjoy the beauty of the season in silence.

How are you taking me time this holiday season?

What are your weekend plans?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai