Jan 3, 2016

2016 Oriya Health Challenge!

Is anyone absolutely awful at writing the right date at the beginning of each new year? I still have to remind myself not to end dates with -15, because it's -16 now!

That said, I love the fresh new start of new years and the excitement that comes with it. If there's anything you've been procrastinating, the new year provides a perfect opportunity to stop putting it off and just do it already!

This year, I spent the holidays in Paris on a work trip. It was an unusual holiday for me, not just because of the unseasonably warm weather for the time of year (both in NYC and, to a lesser extent, in Paris), but also because it was my first time not spending the holidays with my family.

Follow me on Instagram as @danaikadzere for more travel, food, and life photos!
Paris has been amazing and I love my job, but I'm hoping to spend Christmas with my loved ones again next year - and I'm already wishing that next year will bring a white Christmas!

Anyway, I will bid the city of lights adieu this evening and fly back home to NYC late tonight. So, in a way, tomorrow (January 4) is my real new start to the new year! The trip has been great and wonderfully educational, but I'm also looking forward to being home and getting back into/creating a new year's new rhythm.


For those who are trying to get started on some new healthy habits this year, the 2016 Oriya Health Challenge could be just what you're looking for. The challenge, from Oriya Organics, is all about instilling healthful habits and increasing daily intake of nutrient-rich plantbased foods. Challenge participants try to enjoy two green smoothies a day for a month and divide their days into five small, healthy meals a day to keep energy levels up and even, rather than one or two big ones with crashes in between.

My Favorite Green Smoothie
I'm not taking the challenge and two green smoothies a day doesn't really work for my lifestyle (plus I enjoy chewing my vegetables sometimes, too) but since I've been traveling for the past almost three weeks and haven't had a single green smoothie in almost a month, I'm definitely looking forward to reintroducing them. They're yummy, convenient, and a great way to get in some high quality nutrition!


Adding some of their SuperGreen Medley, with spirulina, chlorella, wheat grass, and barley grass providing excellent nutrition, or their SuperFood Protein Medley, featuring greens, chia seeds, and hemp and brown rice protein, is a great way to give any green smoothie some extra nutritional oomph.

I recommend you check out some of my favorite green smoothie recipes, especially if you're new to green smoothies, but you can also find further green smoothie recipe ideas on Oriya Organics' website!

Do you like New Year's Resolutions?
 

What are you most excited about this month?

What are you most excited about for 2016?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai