Feb 22, 2016

Five Things To Love About Spring

Spring is coming!

With near 60F weather in NYC this past weekend (after a polar vortex-inspired freeze the weekend before that made it hurt to breathe) it feels like it's already here. Fair enough! The groundhog did say spring is coming early this year.


And rodents determine the weather, right?

Anyway, in case you want to pre-celebrate spring with me (or live in the South, where it is spring right at the start of March), here are five things I love about spring!
1) Watching the world thaw out makes every day feel like a gift.

The sun shines so brightly (and so long, after the short days of winter!), the air smells so fresh (at least n the early morning by the river - I do live in downtown Manhattan, after all), and the barren trees give themselves a fresh start as they bud little green leaves and embrace a return to life. Even the ground is green and full of life.

...

 It's absolutely beautiful.

2) The temperate weather turns ordinary walks into delightful adventures.

Springtime walks are some of my favorite things in the world!

Obviously they're nicest barefoot and through a beautiful garden, but almost any walk will do.

Yes, going on grand adventures halfway across the world is fun. So is experiencing amazing works of art in museums or studying fascinating topics in beautiful libraries.

But just walking outside in spring is such a sweet, simple, unfailing delight. It's even better if it's with great company!

3) It's planting season!

When I was younger and lived at home with my parents, I had a cute mini-produce garden in my yard where I grew strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce, collard greens, and other fruits and vegetables.

While living in downtown Manhattan is considerably less conducive to having a personal produce garden than living in a North Carolinian suburb, big cities often have community gardens.


Spending a Saturday as a volunteer, planting various plants and working with your hands in the soil, can be so much fun and so relaxing!

4) Wardrobe changes.

This one doesn't need much explanation, but ditching the heavy winter layers for floaty, twirly spring dresses and cute shorts, skirts, airy blouses, and tank tops is such a relief after a long winter of drab outfits.


After all, how fun are clothes that are selected more for function than fashion? I enjoy the impractical!

5) It's fun to share an exuberance about life with all the plants that bloom and animals that come out to play in the spring!



It's the perfect time of year to pay a visit to Central Park, Boston Common, or whatever your local favorite park is.

What are some of your favorite things about spring?

What is your favorite season?

What season were you born in? I'm from spring! I turn 23 at the end of next month - it's so soon!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai