Feb 13, 2016

Four Fun February Foods

Trying new things is always so fun! It's no secret that I love to cook and bake and generally play with food in the hopes that something awesome (and edible) happens. Here are four fun February foods that I'm trying this month!

Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, don't worry - if you're super behind this year, it's not too late to retreat to the kitchen, cover things in flour, and emerge with a sure-to-please food gift for your special someone!

I give these toasted coconut and cherry hand pies a glowing recommendation.


They're really cute, super festive, taste great, and make a beautiful gift. If you follow Kim's recipe exactly, they're also pretty quick and easy to make! I like to make my own pie crust so that the whole recipe is from scratch, but that's the only thing that I did differently.

Read on for more great gifts, festive foods, and even something for those who like to avoid all things Valentine's Day!

Are you an early riser, like me? If you're starting the day together, you can make Kelly's super cute red velvet pancakes for a cutesy breakfast in bed that's ready before your Valentine wakes up!


Homemade quick breads are always a hit and that's true for holidays, as well! Especially if your special someone is a big fan of banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread, or anything of the sort, Averie's Sweet Soft Cherry Bread with Cherry-Almond Glaze makes a great gift.

Sweet Soft Cherry Bread with Cherry-Almond Glaze - An easy quickbread that's perfect for Valentine's Day, Easter, or Mother's Day! Because you can never have too much pink!

But I promised to include something for those who are choosing not to celebrate Valentine's Day this year, so here's something yummy and healthy that I've found recently.


Eat Me Guilt Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder is versatile and delicious!


It even has a convenient shaker lid, which is really helpful if you're using it as a sprinkled-on topping! I like it sprinkled on yogurt, smoothie bowls, and sweet potatoes.


There are so many ways to enjoy it. Add it to a banana smoothie to increase the protein (and make it chocolatey and delicious).


 Replace some of the flour in a baked good recipe with Eat Me Guilt Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder. Or just mix it with water for a yummy dip or spread!

What are your Valentine's Day plans?

Do you like to try new foods?

1 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious!

    xx
    Vanessa | http://www.thetrendique.com

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai