Apr 7, 2016

Travel Round-Up: Turks and Caicos

Those of you who follow me on Instagram (I'm @danaikadzere) already know that I had a very fun, quite last-minute work trip to Turks and Caicos last week!



It was beautiful!

How I Arrived: PLS Airport.

Providenciales is one of the most popular destinations in Turks and Caicos and for good reason. It boasts a wide variety of activities and attractions, from snorkeling to golf to relaxation at one of the many spas in the area. 


I didn't go to any of the spas, since I'd rather just walk around and bike around and swim and explore, but they looked quite beautiful (see above).

There is one small airport (so small that you walk off of your airplane when you land and, when you leave again, can amuse yourself in the lone restaurant in the single takeoff terminal - Gilley's Cafe. The intimate vibe of the tiny airport makes you feel like you're on a remote island from the very first to the very last!

Where I Stayed:
Amanyara Resort.

Since I was traveling for work, I didn't book or pay for my own lodging. Thank goodness! A night at Amanyara costs $2k+ and even if I could afford it, I don't think I could justify that. I'd rather just go on more, more budget-friendly trips!


But if you can (and want to) spend so much, you'll be rewarded with the most attentive, friendly staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, as well as a very private, quiet, idyllic stay.

What I Ate: Lots of fresh fruit and Thai-inspired cuisine.


The fruit on the island was amazing - so fresh, so sweet, so juicy, and so abundant! As for the Thai food, I'm not sure whether great Thai-inspired food (including plenty of great options for vegetarians) is something that is common in Turks and Caicos or if it's just because the resort chefs were largely from that area and specialized in their home cuisine.

Wildlife I Saw: Cool snails, countless geckos, loads of mosquitoes, and a whale!

No wildlife in this photo, but look at how beautiful the plants are, too!
I spent the entire trip itching (definitely pack plenty of mosquito repellent if you're planning a trip to Turks and Caicos - they're vicious!) but it was well worth it. I couldn't go on a single walk without seeing loads of beautiful snails and geckos. I even saw a whale, without going on a whale watching cruise!

What I Loved: So many things.


The water was so incredibly beautiful that I often found myself gazing at it and wondering if it could possibly be real. 

The weather was consistently beautiful - sunny, mid-80s, and reliably cheery day after day after day. Blue skies abounded!


The people were all so friendly and it rubbed off on the other guests. Walking around the property, every single person I encountered had a smile and friendly greeting to share! As a New Yorker (I've lived there for over a year and I think I can now proudly claim the title, even if born-and-bread New Yorkers would scoff) it was a refreshing change. 


For more photos of my adventures as I live them, follow me on Instagram as @danaikadzere!

Where was your last trip?

Where do you want to travel to next?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai