Jun 29, 2016

Style Post: Summer Special Occasions

Winter is full of fun dress up events, from work holiday parties to New Year's Eve celebrations. But summer can be just as fun for those of us who love dressing up!

While summer has holiday galas, summer has weddings, baby showers, and soirees galore! I love this elegant, but summery, dress from ASOS for any of the above except weddings. 


Don't wear white to a wedding and most certainly not an all white dress! If you're not going to a wedding, however, summer is the perfect time to dress up in white. I'm not sure what it is, but I love white dresses!

I think they just feel so much lighter and floater and twirlier (we'll pretend that's a word).


Another advantage of choosing an all-white dress for your event is that you can add a pop of color with fun accessories and don't have to worry about clashing colors or having too much going on at once. Though I'm a big fan of pink, I tend to favor a pop of classic blue or red for my accessory color accent!

As is often the case, a little goes a long way. With the embellished bodice of this dress, just the blue earrings and simple eyeliner is enough to finish the look. I'm not big on going overboard with the jewelry or makeup, especially not in the summer! It just weighs your airy summer look down.



The perfect finish to any perfect summer outfit is the happy summer spirit! Summer only comes around once a year, so take advantage of the long hours to spend time outside with friends and family and to truly enjoy yourself. Nature is so welcoming at this time of year!


And, as always, no look is at its best without a heartfelt smile. Happy weekend, lovely readers!


Like the dress? Tweet it!

1 comments:

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai