Jun 26, 2016

What Being a Hobby Baker Is Like

I love baking! Baking is so fun, makes my apartment smell cozy and inviting, and can make others happy, too. I've also had the opportunity to work with some cool companies on recipes.

But being a hobby baker has its trying moments, too, just like anything else. Here's what you don't see in the cheerful recipes and pretty food photos!

When you're asked to bake cookies for an event, but they need to be sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and whatever the other latest food trend is:


When you're elbows deep in flour and someone tries to join in on your solo baking project:




When you've overfilled the loaf pan and the crust is baking up dangerously high over the edge:



When you're over-excited about a new recipe and hunt down your roommates to test it:



When someone tests your first draft of a recipe and only has praise to give:

The feeling when you've finally perfected a recipe you've been working on for a while and even your pickiest testers love it:

Baking gets interesting sometimes, but I always love it!

What is your favorite hobby?

What is your favorite thing to bake?

Do you prefer cooking or baking?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai