Jul 27, 2016

The Best Acai Bowls in Boston

I love acai bowls! They're fruity, sweet, refreshing, creamy, and have some yummy crunch from the granola.

I love the combination of different textures and flavors from the blended fruits, chopped fruits, and granola. I love that they make a perfect breakfast, snack, or light lunch. I love that they're portable and delicious and satisfying without weighing me down or making me sleepy (the opposite of what a lunch should do, especially on a work day).



NYC is an acai bowl heaven, but I've been in Boston all summer and am making the move here (or, rather, Cambridge) full time in just a few short weeks. Luckily for me, moving to Boston might mean that I give up some of my NYC favorites (at least unless I move back some day) like Juice Generation, Magic Mix Juicery, and Juice Press. But I don't have to give up acai bowls!

There are several places in Boston where you can get an acai bowl. Here are my two favorites!

Cocobeet
100 City Hall Plaza
Boston, MA 02108

Cocobeet is one of the first eateries to bring delicious acai bowls to Boston. I had my first one here last summer, after pining for them ever since I visited Hawaii (amazing) the fall before. Whenever I'm in the area, I still go back!


What makes this bowl special, other than the super creamy base and the amazing (and generous) granola is the inclusion of maqui berries. Cocobeet acai bowls are delicious and loaded with antioxidants!

They also offer pitaya bowls, featuring strawberries, oranges, raspberries, and homemade chocolate granola - how delicious does that sound? I haven't tried them yet, but I definitely plan to soon!

Liquiteria
1440 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138

Liquiteria is a NYC favorite, so I was thrilled when they opened a shop last summer! The almost always long lines attest to the quality, but don't let the long line scare you. The workers are fast, efficient, and always make absolutely delicious bowls, even when the store is packed. They're cool under pressure and their cool treats are perfect in this hot weather!



They offer a few different acai bowls, all of which are delicious. Their mean green acai bowl, however, is my hands down favorite!



I find that it looks a little different most of the time when I order it, but it always tastes equally amazing!



Several other acai bowl hotspots didn't make it onto my list - Jugos, Revolution Juice, Thirst Juice Co, and Squeeze Cafe, to mention a few of the most popular ones.

Jugos and Revolution Juice are just too far away from me to be reasonable for a snack or lunch (unless I'm making an event of it or meeting a friend in Back Bay).

Squeeze Cafe is inside an Equinox and gets points off for atmosphere. I feel a little odd walking into a gym that I don't belong to just to buy lunch.

Thirst Juice Co. has nothing against it other than that Cocobeet is so nearby and it had my heart first, so I just haven't tried Thirst Juice Co. yet. Maybe I still will some day!

Where is your favorite cafe to go to for an amazing acai bowl?

Where are your favorite places to eat in Boston? I'm definitely taking recommendations of all sorts, food and otherwise, as I explore my new old home after two years away!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai