Aug 27, 2016

Back to School with Garden Lites!

It's back to school time! My little sister is eleven years old now (how did that happen?!) and heading into her second year at her new school in Germany. She loves it! 

Though we have a later start here in the USA, my coworkers' kids are all heading back to school soon, too. Back to school is the perfect time to refocus on goals (consider it a mini New Year's Eve) and set your family up for a happy, healthy, and successful academic year. 

Garden Lites are the perfect delicious lunchbox treat, after school snack, or breakfast component. Kids (and big kids) love them and parents love that they're packed with 3g of fiber, 5g of whole grains, and vegetables at the main ingredient. 


I tried two of the three delicious muffin varieties - chocolate and blueberry oat.


Both are delicious! They're the right amount of sweat, flavorful, not heavy, and neither greasy nor dry. They're perfect!
Even more perfect? They store in the freezer and are ready and warm after just 35 seconds in the microwave! That's perfect for all those who are allergic to mornings and always find that time is a little tight before school and work.


The muffins are also great at room temperature, so you can pack a frozen one in your kid's lunchbox (or your own brown bag for work) and it will be thawed out and ready to eat in time for lunch!


They're individually wrapped and that makes them perfect for lunchboxes!


Back to school has always been one of my favorite times of the year and even now, when I'm not an active participant anymore, I still get a little excited and inspired when I see the back to school decorations in the shops and the yellow school buses to start making their rounds again.

I wish all of you and your families a happy and healthy back to school season (and academic year)!

What are your favorite things about back to school season?

What do you like to pack for brown bag lunches?

4 comments:

  1. Those muffins look so yummy! I'm not in school anymore, but it's still fun to see what all the kids are wearing. I live near a school and I get to see little kids in their cute new outfits :) I also love this time of year because it's Gravenstein apple season here in the Bay Area.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ravenlocks - agreed! Back to school when I'm older and have my own kids will be so fun :) I also love apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ravenlocks - agreed! Back to school when I'm older and have my own kids will be so fun :) I also love apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai