Sep 11, 2016

September Degustabox Unboxing!

Degustabox is my favorite monthly subscription service! Every month, like a surprise care package from an in-the-know-foodie friend, a big box full of full-sized new treats (10-15 kinds!) shows up on my doorstep! 

I'd never even heard of many of the products before and, in two months of deliveries, I've already discovered some new favorites.

Degustabox

New Foodie Finds: 

Can we start with my favorite one? Good, because I am. 

Toosum Bars

Let's have a moment of silence to honor this amazing bar, which came to its delicious demise right as the mid-afternoon energy slump hit at work. I'm learning a lot at my new job and I need to be fully alert and fueled to do so! 

I was ravenous on Thursday and paired this with a granny smith apple for a satisfying, well-rounded snack that powered me through the rest of the work day and until I got home for dinner at 7! So yummy.

It's oaty, whole-grain, the perfect amount of sweet, and so good. I normally hugely favor snack bars with chocolate in them (or that are entirely chocolate-based) but I didn't miss the chocolate in this at all. I'd love to eat this as a work snack every afternoon!

Next up is a childhood favorite:

Honey Bunches of Oats

I had a phase (several summers, actually) where I ate this every single morning for breakfast. I can still close my eyes and remember it - sitting around the breakfast table with my family and munching happily on a big bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats paired with quick oats, chopped apple and banana, and sometimes walnuts or extra honey. So yummy!

It's still as yummy as ever and like nostalgia in a box. I tried it on ice cream this time and it was also really good!

Speaking of nuts:

Bustanut!

I don't even like bourbon - well, I've never tried bourbon, but I'm not into alcohol - and these peanuts were delicious! Salty, flavorful, and perfect on their own or mixed with yogurt.

They also sent a maple bacon flavor:

Flavored peanuts

My only complaint is that the bags are two servings, which seems awkward since it's neither many-serving or single-serving, so really only ideal if you're road tripping and sharing them with a fellow road tripper.

There were other convenient snacks:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Melt-in-your mouth cookies and:

Lunchbox snack

Mini chocolate muffins straight out of a 90s kid's lunchbox! And the nostalgia continues...

Zollipops

...but ends with Zollipops. These are definitely trendy and hipster-worthy. They're sugar-free candy that's good for your teeth and sweetened with xylitol, so there are no creepy, potentially cancer-causing artificial sweeteners. Any health-savvy mom would be happy to give these to their kids!

And the healthy, hipster food continues (I'm a fan):

Gluten-free pasta

Gluten-free, non-GMO pasta that's ow GI and super simple to cook - just boil it in water for 10-12 minutes and top it with your sauce of choice! My gluten-free roommate was a fan.

They really think of everything:

Hak's Paks

It's perfectly paired with a rustic ratatouille sauce from Hak's Paks. You can sautee veggies, seafood, or meat in it for a delicious one pot meal, or add it to the cooked gluten-free pasta and warm through for a delicious meal that's ready in less than 15 minutes with only one pot. Exactly what you want for a weeknight dinner after work!


The ever-trendy Pop Chips were also present and a nice mix between a corn cake and traditional corn chips (but a lot healthier).

There were also some gourmet jams, fancy bubbly water in an old-school glass bottle, and a jar of Nando's Peri-Peri - the sauce that's made Nando's chicken world-famous. I haven't tried cooking with it yet, since I'm vegetarian and my meat-fan taste testers haven't been around, but I'm excited to see how it lives up to the hype!

Have you tried Degustabox?

What was your favorite cereal as a kid?

1 comments:

  1. I thought September's box was awesome! I actually used my Peri-Peri sauce as a dessing for some crockpot veggies. So good!!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai