Nov 1, 2016

November DegustaBox Review

Happy November! I can't believe that it's already November 2016 - this year flew by. But no complaints here, because the holiday season is my favorite time of the year and we're right on the cusp of it again!


...I may already have started listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. I may have started in mid-October, but shhhh

Anyway, a new month means a new Degustabox! If you haven't seen one of my earlier unboxings, here's why Degustabox is a great foodie gift (make a note for upcoming gift-giving!) or a fun subscription service to try new things yourself! Every month, Degustabox delivers a big box full of full-sized foodie finds (10-15 of them) to subscribers. The element of surprise makes it so fun!

And who doesn't like getting a package in the mail?

November 2016 Degustabox Unboxing

Each box comes with an information sheet telling you a bit about the products inside. I think that's a great touch, because it's fun to read a little bit about your food and how it's typically enjoyed!

For example, the Sharwoods Tikki Masala is an Indian simmer sauce that adds eastern spice to your meal in three simple steps!

Sharwood's Tikki Masala Cooking Sauce

Twenty minutes to a flavorful main dish! With the hectic of the pre-holiday season work rush, it's great to have a 'weeknight dinner hack' like this to speed things up without sacrificing quality.

I liked that they included a recipe for a colorful holiday slaw with the Brianna's poppy seed dressing!

Poppy Seed Dressing

I first tried poppy seed dressing at Panera on one of their seasonal berry salads and, as someone who's so incredibly picky about salad dressing that I usually forgo it entirely, I loved it. It's part of what made that salad so very craveable! 

I was thrilled to find that this dressing is creamy, sweet, and perfect - I can't wait to recreate Panera's summer berry salad with it. Now I get to enjoy it year-round! 

Continuing on the cooking sauce theme:

Balsamic Vinegar Marinade

I'm a vegetarian, so I don't cook meat very often - just when I'm having a meat-eater over for a meal. I'll have to try this marinade out next time!

Degustabox Unboxing

Some familiar candy treats showed up - I'd enjoyed the sour gummy bears and non-GMO, gluten-free cough drops in an earlier Degustabox, but it's nice to see something familiar sometimes!

As long as there's also plenty of new stuff:

Beanitos Healthy Chips

Degustabox always has a healthy spin on traditional snacking to share! Beanitos are high-fiber chips made out of beans, with plenty of protein and the cheesy and lime-y flavors people love in traditional chips! These were a hit at a gathering of friends. They're perfectly crunchy and "don't taste healthy," in the words of a guest.

You have to wash down the salty snack with something:

Ginger Beer

Unfiltered Ginger Beer! Don't worry, in case you're sending Degustabox to a minor, because it's nonalcoholic. The cans were fun, however, and it's so typical that this spicy ale is made in Brooklyn!

If you're looking for caffeine in your beverage, they have you covered, too:

Salted Caramel Keurig Coffee

Torani salted caramel coffee cups! I don't have a Keurig or similar machine, so I haven't tried it yet, but the flavor sounds great. I bet my big sister would love these!

We're on to my hands down favorite in this box - Nib Mor dark chocolate!

Nib Mor review

I love dark chocolate and these single-serving bars are smooth, rich, flavorful, and have the perfect amount of fruity accent flavor. So yum!

It was also great to see Oloves again!

Oloves Review

I tried them a few years ago, but completely forget about them. They make a great snack to keep in your bag!

Or, if you want more protein:

Chef's Cut Real Steak Jerky

Degustabox always has something for everyone and I love discovering new snacks!

When does the holiday season start for you?

What are your favorite non-perishable snacks for on-the-go?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danai! I like to read your blog so much =) You may not remember me. but I've commented / msged you before too. I wanted to ask your opinion or what you recommend - I loooove peanut butter and other kinds made from nuts, ( although Nutella is too sweet for me! ) but sadly I've come to have some pretty bad nut and peanut allergies. Especially almonds and peanuts. Are there any substitutes, any kinds of paste or spreads that are not made of nuts?

    Thank you so much!
    =) Sheelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sheelie - Thanks for reading my blog! Have you tried soy butter? It's not actually a nut, but it's really creamy and delicious and I like to alternate with peanut butter, almond butter, and soy butter even though I'm fine with nuts. I.M. Healthy and Wowbutter are two brands that I like. I hope you enjoy it and you're having a great holiday weekend! :) Danai

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai