$2.99 per bar.
Really? Are you sure? Is that whey powder or gold powder in there? 'Cause I'm cool with just the whey, thanks.
But Quest bars are sweet, healthy, chewy, and great at room temperature, frozen, or (my personal favorite) baked. So how is a girl to fuel her Quest bar addiction without growing a money tree or convincing Donald Trump to be her honorary dad (can that be a thing)?
Make your own! And it's easier than you think - and you can even make them vegan!
Vegan Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar
* 2 Tbsp Sweetit Syrup
* 1 packet Sunwarrior Chocolate Protein powder
* 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
* 1 packet NuNaturals Stevia
* 1/2 tsp. instant coffee
1) heat the sweetit syrup for 20-30 seconds in the microwave, until bubbling.
2) Mix in the other ingredients. It will form a sticky dough.
3) Form into a bar and wrap in Saran Wrap. Refrigerate for ~6 hours.
The bar can be frozen, enjoyed straight out of the fridge, or (my personal favorite) baked!
There is a slight textural difference when you have them cold, but you can't tell the difference at all from packages Quest bars when baked/microwave baked!
And, best of all, you get them for a fraction of the price, they're available wherever you are in the world, and you can customize flavors as you please!
What's your favorite Quest bar flavors?
Have you ever made your own protein bar?
How often do you eat protein bars?