Happy hump day! As we pass over the hump of the week and the weekend comes into view, so does something very special - Mother's Day!
My mother just moved back to Germany last summer, so this is the first Mother's Day where she'll be overseas. She is an absolutely amazing mother who always was and still is there for my sisters and me when we need her. She's even there when we don't need her, but just want her.
|In South Africa :) Left to right: my big sister, me, my mom (our dog below)|
* Pre-soak shirts in the sink if there's a stain, so you don't spend ages scrubbing.
* Organize assignments in writing, ideally in an agenda but a stray napkin will do in a pinch, to prevent midterm freak-outs.
* Have an assigned cleaning day so that you actually get it done regularly and don't have to waste hours on a deep clean when the squalor becomes unbearable.
* Always use a cast iron skillet pan when you're making pancakes.
* Be a good person, so you don't have to waste time feeling crappy.
She definitely deserves to feel special this Mother's Day. Now that we don't live in the same country anymore, or even the same continent, gifting is a little bit trickier. But not impossible!
Whether it's to send money for a shopping trip for a spa day or a special meal out, there has to be a convenient and secure way to send money overseas. There is! Especially during holidays, like Mother's Day, it's so great that PayPal and Paypal's Xoom are a fast and secure way to send money anywhere, even overseas - like to my mom in Germany!
Xoom is a PayPal service that powers international payments to family and friends in more than 40 countries around the world - and the number one recipient group of Xoom payments is mothers!