Jul 2, 2018

Recipe: The Best Whole Roasted Cauliflower

Cauliflower is one of those foods that can be anything from a duty food, the kind you have to force yourself to eat, to the most delicious thing on the table. This recipe is definitely the latter!

The Best Whole Roasted Cauliflower

My taste testers said it was the best cauliflower they've ever eaten in their lives and, all humility aside, I must agree. It's crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and sooo flavorful throughout. Here's the recipe!

The Best Whole Roasted Cauliflower

Serves 5

* 1 head of cauliflower, washed and de-stemmed 

* 2.5 c. dry white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc, but I know nothing about wine, so I just took one of the cheaper ones)
* 0.33 c. olive oil
* 0.25 c. sea salt
* 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (I was out of butter, so I just used extra olive oil)
* 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 Tbsp. sugar (I used coconut sugar)
* 1 Bay leaf

1) Combine everything but the cauliflower in a large pot. Bring to a boil.

2) Gently place the whole cauliflower head in the boiling liquid (gently so you avoid a messy splash). Reduce heat and simmer the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes, until a knife goes into the center easily. 

3) While the cauliflower is simmering, preheat your oven to 475F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.

4) When the cauliflower is ready, remove it from the boiling liquid using two slotted spoons. Drain it well and transfer to the prepared baking pan. You can either discard the broth or save it for use in the future (freeze it if you choose to do that). 

5) Roast the cauliflower in the oven for ~35 minutes, until brown all over. Rotate the pan once, midway through, for even cooking!

6) Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower head and sprinkle coarse sea salt over it. Enjoy!

What's your favorite way to eat cauliflower?

3 comments:

  1. I could never end up cooking the food with the restaurant aroma and flavour. I knew that I needed to know the secret ingredients and the special ingredients to make the exact replica. It was then that I got to know of the website Secret Restaurant Recipes. Trendy Mumi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preventative dental care is another perk that you may be able to secure in your health insurance plan, if you find a provider who offers it. USA Fitness Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your article on Google when I was surfing, it is written very nicely and is optimized.Thank you I visit your website regularly.
    diy pots for plants

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai