Nov 14, 2015

Recipe: Crowd-Pleaser '50s Meatloaf

Meatloaf is a classic American dish and one of the first meals people think of (especially when served with mashed potatoes and green beans) when you ask for a go-to comfort food dish or something All-American to serve to foreign dinner guests. 


I made this meatloaf for a mixed group of diners, some German and some American, and not only did both groups really enjoy it, but I also got some recipe requests! 

It's an easy recipe that will impress your guests and trust me when I say it's easy - I'm definitely not very experienced cooking meat, but I pulled this one off without difficulty! Read on for the no-fail recipe.

Crowd-pleaser '50s Meatloaf
Serves 8


Loaf:
* 1.5 lb lean ground beef
* 0.5 c. milk
* 2 eggs
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 large onion, minced
* 1.5 tsp. salt
* 0.25 tsp. black pepper
* 1 c. breadcrumbs

Glaze:
* 1/2 c. ketchup
* 1/3 c. packed brown sugar

1) Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Lightly grease a 5x9 loaf pan or a glass baking dish.

2) Mix the first 8 ingredients (everything but the ketchup and sugar) in a large mixing bowl. The best way to do so really is with your (clean) hands, so feel free to do that if you're not squeamish!

3) Press the meat mixture into the baking dish.

4) In a small mixing bowl, mix the ketchup and brown sugar together well to make the glaze.

5) Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the meat mixture.

6) Bake the meatloaf in the oven for ~1hr, or until the juices are clear.


Slice and enjoy!

Do you like meatloaf? Tweet it!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai