Jan 17, 2015

My Thai Sesame Noodles Recipe!

I'm a bit of a Plain Jane sometimes when it comes to food, but a lot of my friends prefer more complex, spicy dishes. Here's a dish that even my it's-never-spicy-enough Thai food-loving ex enjoyed!


The best part? It's really quick, really easy, and is best served cold - making it a great choice for a work lunch!


My Thai Sesame Noodles 
Serves Four

* 8 oz spaghetti
* 0.25 c peanut butter
* 0.25 c. honey
* 0.25 c soy sauce
* 2 Tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
* 1 Tbsp sesame oil
* 2 tsp sambal oelek (chili paste)
* 4 green onions
* 2 Tbsp sesame seeds

1) Cook spaghetti al dente, according to package instructions, and drain. Set aside.

2) Slice green onions, set aside.

3) Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, tossing frequently. You could skip this step, but it's what makes the difference between really yummy and WHATISTHISAWESOMENESS. So don't skip it.

4) Nuke the peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften (don't melt it)!

5) Add the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sambal oelek to the softened peanut butter. Whisk together.

6) Add the spaghetti, sliced green onions, and toasted sesame seeds. Toss well.


7) Chill in the fridge until ready to serve, or at least 30 minutes to an hour!


Love Thai food? Tweet it!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I love, love, LOVE Thai food - I'll pass this along to my husband, the real cook:)

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai