Dec 9, 2015

Recipe: Impossibly Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy holidays! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year and while I go hard all December, I already start prep back in September.

By prep, I mean I start listening to Christmas music, planning Christmas presents, testing recipes, and watching Christmas movies.

Thanks to my obsessive extensive preparation, this Christmas chocolate chip cookie is the absolute best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. I've tried so many, I know what I'm talking about!


I love to make the dough for these the night before and then bake them shortly before serving, because they look great after the dough has been chilled and they taste amazing warm and fresh from the oven.

Read on for the recipe!
Impossibly Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 Dozen Cookies


Without optional pecans.
Ingredients:

* 1 c. unsalted butter
* 1 c. dark brown sugar
* 0.5 c. white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 2 c. all-purpose flour
* 1 c. oats
* 0.5 tsp. baking soda
* 0.5 tsp. salt
* 0.25 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 c. dark chocolate chips
* 1 c. white chocolate chips
Optional: 0.5 c. chopped pecans

With optional pecans.

Steps:

1) Melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat.

2) Add the sugars to the melted butter and mix well, until smooth. Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge or freezer.

3) Remove from the fridge/freezer and mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.

4) Mix in the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Don't over-mix.

5) Add both kinds of chocolate chips and the optional chopped pecans, if desired.


6) Roll the dough into 24 equal sized balls and place a few inches apart on greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably overnight.



7) Remove the cookie dough balls from the fridge and bake in a preheated 325F oven for 12-14 minutes.

Left: with optional pecans. Right: Without pecans.
Enjoy!



Love chocolate chip cookies? Tweet it!

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai