Jul 20, 2020

Recipe Roundup - Weekday Lunch Ideas!

My husband has been working from home since the last week of March and it's been so nice to have so much time together, especially now that we're expecting a baby in January. Luckily for me, he'll probably be home with me until spring 2021 at the earliest! While I'm not sure how much of a true paternity leave he'll decide to take, just having him around all the time is so wonderful. 

Husband's workday lunchesI love to cook and bake and make things, especially for the people I love. He's not a breakfast eater, but since he's been home for the past four or so months I've been having a lot of fun cooking his lunches and dinners! 

Weekday LunchesEspecially in the first month or two, I had a blast trying out recipes from Food52. Interspersed through this post (plus a bunch a the end) are some of the highlights!

In the last while, between the busy-ness of being new parents-to-be (I have never had so many doctors appointments or such a frequency of phone calls in my life) and simply running out of recipes that sound like his kind of food, I've been repeating meals for the most part.

Honey Mustard Pork TenderloinHelp me break out of the rut, please!
He's not much of a carbs person and doesn't eat breakfast, so I'm just looking for meat/fish and vegetable heavy recipes.

As you can see, these photos are all pulled from my Instagram stories. I'm pretty active in stories, so if you want to follow along with my adventures live, culinary, pregnancy, and otherwise, follow me @danainygard !


Do you have any recipes or recipe sites to share with me?

Cobb Salad for one

Healthy workday lunches

Low Carb High Fat Meals

Home Cooked Meals

Breakfast for Dinner

Heart Healthy Cooking

Keto Lunch Ideas

Breakfast Salad

Homemade Healthy Chinese Takeout

Keto Lunch Ideas

Healthy keto cooking

Workday Lunch Ideas Keto


4 comments:

  1. They look like such delicious meals! it's nice you get to spend time together and enjoy your meals together! With hubby and I both working from home lunches are quick and easy - although I do cook dinner every night :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely weekend! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mica! All this time together is so nice. I'm glad you and your husband are getting to enjoy it, too! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Your meal looks great Danai, I think quarantine bring us closer, daily activities from food prep and having meal together bring some much joy and happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are making me hungry! Looks so good!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai