May 12, 2015

Recipe: Spiced Mango Jam

Breakfast foods are, hands-down, my favorite kinds of foods. Breakfast for dinner is de rigueur for me and I love it!

With summer just around the bend, and the hot, sunny days in NYC making it feel like summer is already here, here's a spiced mango jam recipe that summery and fun! 


I'm going on a Eurotrip this July (whoot) and even though I'm not going to Finland, I decided to make this snack/breakfast Finland-inspired.



Traditional whole grain Finn Crisp rye crispbread and Finlandia butter make the perfect healthy and delicious accompaniment to the jam!


It's also quite easy to make, so enjoy!

Spiced Mango Jam
Makes 1.5 cups


* 2 ripe mangoes
* 2/3 c. white sugar
* 1/3 c. water
* 1 saffron thread
* 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
* 0.5 tsp. vanilla extract

1) Boil or microwave the whole mangoes until soft.

2) Peel the mangoes and remove the seeds.

3) Mash the mango pulp in a large bowl with a fork. Alternately (for a smoother jam) puree the pulp in a food processor.

4) Combine the water and sugar in a tall pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling until fine threads form (~5 minutes).

5) Add the mango pulp to the sugar-water mixture; stir well.

6) Stir in the saffron thread, lime juice, and vanilla extract. Continue boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens (~5-10 minutes).

7) Can in sterilized jars or pour into a glass and enjoy immediately after cooling!


Refrigerate whatever remains. But if you share with friends and serve with Finn Crisp and Finlandia, that will be nothing!


This jam pairs really nicely with Finn Crisp Original Thin Rye Crispbread, a healthy, whole grain cracker inspired by the Finnish staple. 


It's such a lovely snack or a great part of a healthy breakfast!

Liked this? Tweet it!

1 comments:

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai