Jan 14, 2017
Recipe: Chipotle Creamed Corn
Posted by Living, Learning, Eating at 9:30 AM
Corn is one of America's favorite vegetables!
...even if there's some argument around whether it should be counted as a vegetable or a grain. Still, most of us love it!
Creamed corn is a classic American comfort food side dish. I'm all for the classics, but mixing it up is fun.
Especially if you're pairing creamed corn with a milder main dish, like the Norwegian broiled cod pictured above (called Torsk, recipe coming soon), mixing it up with something a little spicier can be fun.
Ta-da! Chipotle creamed corn brings a spicy twist to traditional creamed corn. It's a great way to change things up and the recipe, below, is easy to follow and quick enough for a weeknight dinner!
* 1 Tbsp. sour cream
* 0.25 c. heavy cream
* 2 tsp. pureed chipotles in adobo sauce
* 2 tsp. vegetable oil
* 0.333 c. red onion, chopped
* 1.5 c. sweet corn
salt, to taste
* 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped C
1) Combine the sour cream, heavy cream, and pureed chipotles in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2) Heat the oil over medium-high. Saute the chopped onion and sweet corn in the oil for 3-4 minutes, until half-done.
3) Add the chipotle cream mix to the vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 more minutes, until the sauce thickens.
4) Remove from heat and season with salt, to taste.
5) Garnish with chopped chives.