If you've had enough of chocolate chip cookies (whaaat), run out of peanut butter (the horror!), and one of your little cookie monsters balks at oatmeal, here's the perfect solution:
Melt in your mouth, pillowy soft snickerdoodle cookies that delight your tongue with buttery, cinnamon-sugary goodness. These cookies bake soft, stay soft, and are the kind of cookies that disappear at the party in the first ten minutes.
They're also super easy and pretty quick to make! Without further ado, here's the recipe.
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3) Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
4) Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir with a heavy wooden spoon to blend. Don't over-mix.
5) Cover the cookie dough with saran wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Simultaneously, chill cookie trays in the freezer.
6) Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and ginger for the coating in a small bowl.
7) Roll small balls of dough in the sugar-spice mixture.
8) Place the balls on the chilled cookie trays, lined with parchment paper.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
10) Immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.